Tuesday, October 03, 2006

uninspired...except for Avocado milkshakes

Today I came to the cyber to post an update of some sort, but I am feeling rather uninspired. Unfortunately today is Tuesday, and it could be my only chance to spend some good quality time on the internet before next Tuesday, shoot. I got sidetracked by emails anyways, oops.
And other people's blogs are so distracting, i confess. How am I supposed to focus on my own when there is so much catching up to do when I do get here?!?
Ok, I only have one thing to say. Yesterday afternoon when I was out, Beth was visited by a couple of the park guys, who have been frequenting our place a little more confidently of late. That is cool. They sometimes bring food to make snacks at our place, and it is great that they feel comfortable in our space...and with us, not judged but accepted even though we know what they do late at night at the cancha amarilla. Well, it's a given that they feel free with Bethany. Anyways, yesterday among the crew that came while I was out, was the biggest dealer in block 6, Willy and a couple of his friends. They made Avocado milkshakes, and they left one for me. Totally gross. I could only bear one little sip, but for whatever reason...it made my day. Random. Simple. Jesus. It's amazing what a person can see, if one looks for Him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes he is amazing

Christiane said...

EEEWWWWW....i HATE Avacados...and i imagine that they are even WORSE in a milky liquid :P I'm glad it made your day though. I wondering if your neighbors are going to wonder just what you girls are doing in there when the biggest dealers come for visits...sketchy ;) just kidding-it's wonderful :) anyway...I'm just on a break from work...another day from hell-"welcome back Christiane from your week and a 1/2 off! :S" Oh, well. I work until friday so if you want, call saturday or sunday jay-that way you can talk to josh too :) Alright...must go eat. Love you. Thanks for your commnets on my blog :D XOXOXOXOXOXO

Béthany said...

i love it when i see jesus in Willy and Galo...the most unexpected places. But who are we to go around with expectations anyways? Who do we expect to see Jesus in?

farfromhome said...

It seems strange to me sometimes that it would be the little things, like that grose tasting avacado milkshake, that reflect Jesus and show love and brighten the day. But it's so true. Your story makes me think of something Mother Theresa said once, which is kinda related to this, "We can do no great things, only small things with great love"...

Unknown said...

mm...aguacate. haha

Carolyn said...

Avocados...You don't like them?! :) I guess in milkshake form, not so good. I wish I could spend even a day in Ecuador with you, seeing how God is working through you. I love reading about your life there, you will always have a special spot in my heart Foxy.

julia said...

Janna. tell them to add strawberries next time! aguacate y fresas.... mmmm. it's good. ask jono.
Love you.
Jule