Thursday, August 24, 2006

monkey buisness

Ok, so this is the little orphan Beth and I have been looking after for the last three days. Cute huh? Dale and Janet Horst (and their four boys) bought this little squirrel monkey about three weeks ago from somebody who was trying to sell him. They named him "Tarz", and this week they are away for a few days, so we have become his foster home for the time being.

Craziness. I always wondered what it would be like to have a monkey? :) And I still think they should have named him George.

We have decided that the makeshift diaper is a great remedy for his monkeyness while he is in our house. :) He pees all the time.

Yesterday and today he spent most of the day outside climbing in our little fig tree (diaper-free) and eating bugs, raisins, peanuts, and bread. Poor little guy...I sent a couple of our school kids out hunting for grass-hoppers and other little bugs for him to eat. He's pretty easy to love.

Awwww.








9 comments:

farfromhome said...

awwwwww. He looks cute! :)

Christiane said...

Janna that is crazy!! I'm jelous...I've always wanted a monkey--even if you only get to babysit him! When I saw the picture I was like "OH MY GOSH, Beth DID buy a monkey!!" (remember that lady that you guys were going to call who had baby monkies!?) He is really cute :) Although don't let Julio-Cesar see him...or he'll end up on his shelf! :P

Jana said...

Janna!! Welcome to the world of bloggers :) I just read your email with the address, so I'll have a lot of reading to catch up on, but that's ok. I added you to my list of links, so I'll be checking in often!

Anonymous said...

We like the pictures of the monkey. They are so cute. I really want to see it in real life. Can you take it back to Nova Scotia with you for us. Mom and Dad said that we could keep it!! (I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!)
We think that you make a great mom to a monkey. Maybe you should get one.

Love Rebekah, Rachel, and Caleb

Béthany said...

you also should say that after taking care of him fortwo days, we've pretty much decided we don't want one for ourselves...a nice visitor, but man: those animals belong in the JUNGLE

Anonymous said...

Can you bring me a monkey?

julia said...

Janna!
That is the cutest little creature!!
I did get your text, but my phone's wierd right now... I'm going to change the number so that it's a Hali. no. instead of Edmonton (it's too expensive). I'll let you know the new one. Love you. Say hi to Beth for me!!

Unknown said...

cute!

Anonymous said...

Janna!
Its your Alabamian friend currently sending you a hug from Halifax! :) I need to get your postal address, but I wasn't sure what your e-mail address is. Is it posted anywhere on the site? I'm hesitant to leave my address on the site for the world to see so they can spam me, but if you know of a way that we can get in contact, that would be great!!
Take care sweet friend!
Anna Leiper